Alomcare children service is a specialist provider of home base services for individuals with complex needs since
- Respite care at home,
- Respite care away from home,
- Activities and play co-ordinating,
- Care Worker to support family care with complex need of the young person
- Support with mother and baby
Respite care at home Finding a residential placement may be very difficult and are often not the first preference for families.
Alomcare Respite Care at Home offers regular support service at the time when most needed, reducing the problem of waiting on residential placement, Experienced support workers provide one-to-one support to service users in their own home or ordinary community setting.
The respite care at home includes;
- Early morning care to assist with preparation for school or day centre;
- Respite care in the family home An alternative to residential home placement is our individual one-to -one respite short break in the home of our well vetted and experience care staffs. This gives families the opportunity to have a short break, while children and young people remain in a natural environment.
The Service supports children and young people between 0-19 who meet the eligibility criteria established by the province and have the following special needs;
- Learning difficulties, physical difficulties, sensory difficulties:
- Complex medical needs;
- Aspersers syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder, severe and persistent mental illness, prader-willi syndrome and dual diagnosis.
- A child/young person-centered and family-centered assessment and service planning;
- A professional care coordinator assigned to each child and family to provide assessment, planning guidance, and full service co-ordination;
- Back-up support and consultation from our team of staff;
- 24-hour on-call support and intervention;
- Comprehensive quality assurance and risk management systems;
- Approval of career by parent and family.